Glenwood High, circa 1914
Formed in 1910 and originally known as the Day Continuation School, the name was changed to the Durban Technical High School in 1916 by which time the school had 150 pupils. Student numbers continued to grow during the First World War and by 1918 there were 267 scholars. In the same year the Natal Provincial Council appointed a commission to investigate the feasibility of expanding the school and the subsequent Coleman-Dukes Report stated that ..a large increase in the numbers [of students] for which it is exceedingly difficult to find accommodation… and recommended the allotment of 10 acres of land on the corner of what were then Alan Paton and Bulwer Roads in Glenwood. After much wrangling, the actual occupation of the allotted land and the construction of the school buildings eventually took place and by 1934 the current premises were ready for occupation. On occupying the new premises in Glenwood, the name was changed to Glenwood High School.
|1||Paul Roos Gymnasium||3||3||0||0||119||29||90||0||0|
|5||Glenwood High School||1||1||0||0||37||12||25||0||0|
|7||Rondebosch Boys High||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|10||Paarl Boys High School||3||2||1||0||53||75||-22||0||0|
|12||Hoër Landbouskool Oakdale||2||1||1||0||61||91||-30||0||0|
|14||Grey High School (PE)||2||0||2||0||16||106||-90||0||0|